What Injuries are Common in Slip and Fall Cases?
Many people assume that a slip and fall results in a few bumps and bruises that heal in a few weeks. The person who fell may be sore and stiff for a few days, but the pain subsides, and no real damage is done. However, this is not always the case. Some accident victims suffer severe injuries that require surgery and considerable time away from work.
Common injuries that result from a slip and fall accident include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and other head and brain injuries, including concussions and closed head injuries
- Fractures and broken bones, including multiple fractures that require extensive surgery and physical therapy
- Back, neck, and shoulder injuries that can limit range of motion and result in chronic pain that impairs the ability to work or perform other activities
- Spinal cord injuries that can result in partial or total paralysis and other nervous system injuries
- Knee and elbow injuries that may cause permanent impairment
- Life-threatening injuries that result in a wrongful death
Slip and fall accidents can have profound consequences for victims. When an owner is responsible for the conditions that precipitated the fall, the owner should be held responsible for damages, including financial losses, physical pain, and emotional suffering. Working with an experienced Metairie slip and fall attorney can increase your chance of recovering full compensation for all your damages, losses, and injuries.